Part 1: For Windows User
- How to Convert PDF Files with 3 Simple Steps?
- How to Perform OCR for Scanned PDF Files? (PDF Converter Pro)
- How to Convert Scanned PDF Files?
- How to Convert Encrypted PDF Files?
Part 2: For Mac User
- How to Convert PDF Documents within Few Clicks on Mac?
- How to Enable OCR Function for Scanned PDF Files? (PDF Converter Pro for Mac)
- How to Convert Restricted PDF Files on Mac?
- Flexible Output Settings for Converting PDF to Excel, EPUB, and Image.
Step 1: Install and Launch PDF Converter
Download PDF Converter, then follow the instructions to install it on your PC. Launch it by clicking the quick start icon.
Step 2: Add PDF Files and Choose the Conversion Type
There are three ways you can import PDF files. 1) Click "Add File" or "Add Folder" button listed on the top to find and open PDF files; 2) Head to "File -> Add File(s)" menu; 3) Directly drag and drop PDF documents to the file list.
Now choose the format you want to convert below the pane: PDF to ePub, Word, HTML, Text and images.
Step 3: Convert PDF Files with Single Click
Before conversion, you can preview the added PDF files page by page on the preview window. You can also customize the special pages you want to convert in the "Page Range" area. Then press "Convert" button to finish the conversion in seconds.
Tips: OCR is only available within PDF Converter Pro. To convert scanned PDF files, just follow the detailed steps below:
Enable OCR Function
1. When you launch the program, you will discover a tiny OCR sliding button at the lower-right corner of the interface. Click the OCR button to download the OCR component. Download and install the OCR component to make the OCR feature available.
2. When the installation is complete, restart the program to perform the OCR function.
3. After you restart PDF Converter Pro, slide the OCR button to the right makes it possible for the OCR function.
Tips: OCR is mainly designed for scanned PDF document, if you only need to convert a normal PDF file, just slide the button to the left to disable the OCR function, this will make the conversion process quicker.
Step 1: Import PDF Files and Choose Output Format
The simplest way is to drag your scanned PDF files to the window, choose output format for conversion: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EPUB, Image, HTML, or Text on the top panel.
Step 2: Choose Recognition Language
First, you need to click "Options" button listed on the bottom to choose the right language for the output contents. This is necessary, because wrongly-selected output language of the text can not be displayed accurately. (Please Refer to the Supported Recognition Languages)
Step 3: Convert Scanned PDF Files with OCR Technology
Once you finish the above steps, hit "Convert" button to let this versatile software perform OCR and convert scanned PDF document to the text-based format within a few seconds.
You can load copying and printing restriction PDF files for conversion. Even you need not to know the the password. There is a small lock symbol beside the imported PDF file if the PDF file is encrypted with an Open Password.
Click the lock icon and a pop-up window will appear, enter the password to unlock the PDF document to convert. If you have successfully unlocked the PDF file, just click "Convert" button to start converting encrypted PDF document to the format you selected.
Tips: If you want to perform better for removing user password and owner password of your PDF file, PDF Password Remover for Mac will help you a lot.